Monday, April 6, 2009

It's Full Frame Folks!

This weekend, I had the extraordinary pleasure of watching brand spankin' new documentaries in Durham, NC.

I'll tell you what, it was a rollercoaster.

Literally, 3 films on thursday, 4 on friday, 6 on saturday and 4 on sunday. Whew!

Documentary filmmaking has opened my eyes to the possibilities of film. This is probably somewhat excited by the high I'm feeling right now from watching so many, but I don't think my enthusiasm is anywhere near decay.

I saw things that shocked me, surprised me, moved me and made me roll with laughter - and it was all REAL.

As a narrative film enthusiast, you might only imagine what a shock to my system this was. Not that I didn't understand the power of the Doc - I'd just never been exposed to them in this way before.

Here's a list of what will (or most definitely SHOULD) blow up.









and my personal favorite, though you can't find much info about it - Carmen Meets Borat

I believe that The Cove will be this years An Inconvenient Truth, except it's better. Much better.

If you're down with awareness, give these films a look.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment