Tuesday, April 28, 2009

David Lynch has this idea that ideas are like fish.



You can check out the video to see what he means, but if it doesn't quite make things clear for you, let me see what I can do.

Lynch has directed some of my favorite films, so I developed an interest in him a while back.

He is deeply into Transcendental Meditation and claims to be able to open his mind to his imagination at any time through the process. The mind, he claims, is like an ocean full of thought where things swim by without your control. The ideas are there, you just have to reach out and grab them.

Some people might just write him off as a loony, but I myself have a deep passion invested in investigating that "ocean".

If you watch Lynch's films, you get a look inside his mind. Anyone who can do what he does must be on to something.

For those experimental film fans - check out Inland Empire, it'll blow you away.

No comments:

Post a Comment