Monday, February 23, 2009

Yup.. I did alright.

17 for 21, though I think it could be considered out of 20 because of my foreign shot-in-the-dark. 

You know, I kind of wanted to be wrong.. It's no fun for the Academy to be so predictable.  I did win some prestige points among friends however, so I guess I have to thank them for that.  

I know there's been some debate over this, but I thought the show was FANTASTIC.  It was everything it needed to be and more--I was thoroughly enthralled for 3 hours and I can't even sit through the Superbowl, though I suppose that's not saying much. 

Gay rights are being pushed to the forefront by art and I couldn't be more pleased.  I was being pessimistic, arguing that there was no way they'd include a scene from Milk in the montage of love scenes, but then they proved me wrong.  Now that we've got gay men in the spotlight (Props to Sean Penn for his biting acceptance speech), Women must not be far behind.  This is an era of CHANGE and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. 

The best part of the show, far and away, was Penelope Cruz's acceptance speech (for an award she was not favored to win).  If you haven't seen it, here it is and watch it quick because copyright infringement is bound to come crashing down.  



What a beautiful, unfiltered display of humanity.  It was a good night.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment