Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wanna see something weird?  I bet you do.

Here’s MORE by filmmaker Mark Osborne.


(URL if the video goes wonky: http://www.gethappy.com/watchmore.html)

This short film was nominated for an Oscar (you see I’m getting in the spirit), and it’s a supreme example of stop-motion “claymation”.  For those of you who don’t know, the process behind such magic is incredibly tedious and requires frame-by-frame manipulation.  An ordinary scene is filmed at 24 frames per second, so in order to recreate that look and feel, animators have to draw (or in this case mold) 24 scenes for a mere second of screen time.  Whoa.

Oh, and guess what?  Osborne has another film nominated this year… heard of Kung-Fu Panda?

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love Kate Winslet too! Have you seen the Reader? I'm usually not so fond of movies about adultery, but I love how she presents herself. She is always very poised, seductive, elegant, and endearing all at the same time. I'm not going to lie, I first fell in love with her in Titanic. The first screen shot of where she is introduced with her wide brimmed hat coming out of car is absolutely breath taking. I think that shot captivates femininity in its purest moment...Sorry to go off on a tangent. : )

    ReplyDelete